Use this service to apply to register to vote.

You only need to register once - you don't need to register separately for every election.

You must register again if you've changed address, name or nationality.

You can also use this service to:

It usually takes about 5 minutes.

This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

You may need the following, if you have them:

You need to be on the electoral register to vote in elections and referendums.

Start now

Before you start

You can also register by post.

You can't register to vote if you're in the UK illegally.

Public servants posted overseas

There are separate registration services for public servants who are likely to be posted overseas:

You should also use these registration services if you're the spouse or civil partner of a public servant posted overseas.

You can still register as a non-service voter if you're in the armed forces and have a permanent home address in the UK.

Northern Ireland

This service is for England, Wales and Scotland only. You'll need to register using a different form if you live in Northern Ireland